Tuesday, January 13, 2009



Dear Friends of my heart,
Well, here we are doing another update. But first I wanted to say how grateful I am that you are in my life and that you support this work. Yesterday when I got online, I went to the OneHeart section of my mailbox to see what was going on with everyone and to know what to send energy to. It was so uplifting to connect in with all of you that way. It really helped me understand how powerful OneHeart is and what a service it is to those that are physically away from the Phoenix family groups. I felt uplifted all day, just like I had been with you. Thank you for that and for supporting OneHeart; it really is a service that keeps on giving ;-> I guess what I mean is that it's a sevice in and of itself and each time someone makes a post, it is a service also. Anyway, thanks for that.
Well, I think I'm at the day Stuart and I went to the pyramids and sphinx on the Giza plateau. I'll put some photos of from our trip there. It was quite different in how it was set up and how it was more tourist friendly. One thing I really noticed that those of you who have been there would relate to. There is an area called the Panoramic View or something like that. It is an area "behind" the pyramids that gives you a really nice view of all three of the pyramids and is at such an angle that you don't see the entire city of Cairo in front of the pyramids. Well, when we were there 10 years ago, when we stood looking at the pyramids, behind us was desert as far as you could see. It was really need. Now, when you stand looking at the pyramids, about half a mile behind you is the city of Cairo! It's grown that much and almost surrounds the pyramids now. It was quite a shock.

The pictures, if any (I may run out of space on the internet card) I have posted would have been pretty self-explanatory except for one. At and around the pyramids there are "available" camel rides, carriage rides, horse rides, etc. Well one of the photes would have been of an area below the pyramids, just at the base of the plateau where the "horse wranglers" were done for the day and gathering to go home. You would have know which one that was. Sorry for that, I edited it after I realized that I may run out of space before I can post what I want to.


Well, it's about 11pm now (4pm Lexington time) and we meet Ahmed at 7am for Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut's temple. We'll be back onboard in time for lunch and our 12:30pm sailing time.

Good night and sleep with the angels. I'll try to get these posted tomorrow. I think Stu has some in the "back log also."

Love,
Frank

Since I've been home, I've added some photos from around Cairo that I thought were fun:
A photo from the Citadel where I was able to get a picture of the Crescent Moon symbol with the crescent moon in it--












Bread the bakers have set out for the delivery people to pick up for the restaurants:

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful again to hear from you, Frank! Just hearing about the camel wranglers at the pyramids makes me start sweating profusing . . .

    So much love to you and lots of energy for good sleep! Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Frank,
    It is very enjoyable to follow your blog. Thanks for trying to keep us up to date with your adventures. Keep up the good work ol' chap!
    Love,
    David O

    ReplyDelete